29 Jun Volleyball Sets – Our Top 7 Outdoor Volleyball Net Systems
Volleyball doesn’t need to be confined indoors or to specific outdoor locations. If you get yourself a quality volleyball set and lines you and your friends can take the fun with you wherever you are, the beach, the park or just at home in the garden if it is big enough.
These are our best volleyball net sets for you to consider.
In terms of what are widely available from common retailers like Amazon there a few main brands:
The Main Volleyball Set Brands Are:
- Park & Sun
- Franklin Sports
- Venus Sport
When choosing your volleyball set it is important to understand what level of volleyball you are looking to play.
We will break this down into three levels – Professional, Intermediate and Beginner
Professional sets are ideal for people who love volleyball and are going to be playing a lot ( a few times a week ) and want to practice and play on pro/tournament level nets and systems to make sure they are practicing at the right level.
Intermediate volleyball sets are perfect for people who want to go down to the beach or park and play volleyball with their friends, maybe pay three, four and five-man games with a group that has various levels of skill but still want a net that is good enough to improve their skills and play seriously when they have the members to do so.
Beginner sets are for those who might play volleyball from time to time but not too often. They do not want to pay to much money as they are not going to use the volleyball set to often but know it is a great activity when they have friends over in the garden or head to the beach for holidays.
Budget also plays a big role in deciding which net to get so we will try to break it down and provide you with the most help.
Profesional Volleyball Sets:
At the top end of the market are the Park & Sun Spectrum Series Nets and the United Volleyball Supply.
This is Park & Sun’s Portable Professional Outdoor Volleyball Net System. This option has been the choice of volleyball tournament directors and volleyball enthusiasts for over 30 years.
This set includes lightweight telescoping aircraft aluminum volleyball poles, and Park & Sun’s original sleeve net design, and colorful net tapes.
You will find the Spectrum Series of volleyball sets worldwide at parks, beaches, volleyball tournaments, and leagues.
What We Love:
- It includes set pole heights for Official Women’s 7’4″, Official COED 7’8″ and Official Men’s 8′ net heights.
- The three-inch net tape is double stitched, has reinforced net sleeves and bindings, that stand-up to the most competitive play.
- Easy net tension adjustment – 5/16″ double guyline with padded pull-down handles allows quick adjustments and along with the sleeve net design keeps the net taut for competitive play.
United 2″ ATS Competitive Volleyball Net System
This United Volleyball Systems top of the line net made for pro play. United Volleyball Systems are endorsed by VolleyballUSA and this system proudly made in the United States of America. This volleyball set is a great option for players looking for quality net tension from a portable system. The system features webbing guy wires for quick setup and superior-top net tension. A built-in bottom net tensioner will allow participants the ability to play the ball out of the net, unlike most portable net systems.
Why We Love It:
- Compact two-section telescoping pole design. 2 inch O.D. with heavy-duty wall thickness.
- Poles telescope to men’s, women’s or junior heights with push-button locking device. Poles can be telescoped down with your net attached and rolled up for easy setup and storage.
- Net: IL2D Net 32 foot X 39 inch. with #27 netting, 1,000 lbs, through ropes top and bottom.
- Pull-down webbing guy-line set offers quick set-up with superior net tension. Includes heavy-duty carrying bag
Intermediate Volleyball Sets
For intermediate sets, we have Park & Sun Sports, Baden and Vermont.
The Tournament Flex 1000 is among the list of the top-rated comprehensive volleyball net systems of Park & Sun Sports. It comes with everything you need to set up a volleyball court for outdoor tournaments and fun casual games with your family and friends. This intermediate net system is guaranteed to give exceptional recreation performance. The Park & Sun Sports Tournament Flex 1000 is portable, lightweight, and easy to set up so you can bring it to backyard parties, a trip to the park, or a day at the beach. This affordable and durable net system is a good value for your buck!
Why we recommend it for intermediate plays:
- The net features double-stitched, reinforced net sleeves and bindings, to stand up to the most competitive play.
- Nylon blend netting mechanism enables the net to withstand harsh weather so it is guaranteed that last for a few years.
- The telescopic aluminum poles feature a push-button locking system for easy height adjustments so you can easily adjust to official men’s, women’s, and COED heights.
- It is easy to adjust guylines with pull-down tension rings and the sleeve net keeps the net taut for competitive play.
- This net system is designed for easy assembly and portability.
Check out our full review on the Park & Sun Sports Tournament Flex 1000
The Baden Champions Volleyball Badminton Combo Set is perfect for yard games, family cookouts, summer camps, and social events. This 2-in-1 set comes with all the equipment needed to play both volleyball and badminton. There is no need for you to buy an individual set for volleyball and badminton because this set includes everything you need to enjoy both volleyball and badminton games. The set is built tough and long-lasting so it can endure the elements. It is designed for outdoor use and recreational gameplay. It also features quick setup and transition from volleyball to badminton. This mid-level set definitely gives you the ultimate versatility in backyard games.
Why you should consider this net system too:
- Adjustable steel poles allow easy set-up and seamless transition between game types
- The heavy-duty powder-coated steel poles, waterproof edges, and durable nylon rope are strong enough to withstand competitions
- It comes with regulation size volleyball/badminton net
- The set fits perfectly into its durable weather-resistant carry bag for easy storage and transportation
- The set is easy to set up and takedown
Read our full review on the Baden Champions Volleyball Badminton Combo Set
Vermont Portable Volleyball Sets allow you to create a professional-quality volleyball environment wherever you like. Available in two styles, beach or regulation, these sets are excellent choice for volleyball clubs, schools and families. Both sets feature a pair of aluminum telescopic volleyball posts, an FIVB regulation volleyball net, court line marking tape and a heavy-duty carry bag for simple storage and portability. These portable volleyball sets are expertly created using premium-grade materials and are designed to be a part of your volleyball set-up for many years to come.
What we like about it:
- These volleyball sets feature aluminum telescopic volleyball posts that allow for three adjustable heights – 8ft (men’s), 7ft 8in (mixed) & 7ft 4in (women’s).
- These sets are portable and come with a heavy-duty carry bag included.
- Sets offer a fast assembly and come with court line marking tape – create a court anywhere.
- The volleyball posts, volleyball nets, and court line marking tape conform with FIVB regulations.
- The telescopic volleyball posts are engineered using lightweight yet robust aluminum
- The volleyball nets both feature a 2.5mm twisted polyethylene construction with PVC banding for exceptional resistance to volleyball impacts.
- Each set comes with high-quality 6mm braided PE guy ropes to ensure your volleyball nets remain strong & stable every time you play.
Beginner Volleyball Sets
Park & Sun Sports and Franklin Sports offer the best value volleyball sets for beginners.
Park & Sun Sports Spiker Sport was designed with families in mind. It offers exceptional recreational performance for outdoor amateur tournaments, friendly gatherings at the park, or even your backyard lawn. This portable outdoor volleyball net system includes everything needed for a fun and competitive playing experience, making it perfect for a rousing game in your backyard, park, or at the beach. It also features a regulation size Momentum net. Its Nylon blend netting is superior at withstanding harsh weather compared to lower-end polyethylene nets, so you can enjoy the game for years to come.
Here are the reasons why it is perfect for beginners:
- Double guy line with tension rings allow for quick adjustments that ensure the net remains taut, even during play
- Easily adjust eyebolt for men, women and Coed playing heights with its Push-button assembly
- Includes a Soft Touch volleyball, which lessens the impact to wrists and arms It comes with pre-measured boundary lines which are firmly secured to the ground with corner anchors
- Truly portable, lightweight volleyball system
- The entire set fits inside a heavy-duty polyester zippered equipment bag with carrying handles making transporting and storing extremely convenient
Franklin Sports Volleyball Set is lightweight, portable and perfect for the beach or the backyard. The set comes with easy-assemble net and poles, official size and weight volleyball kit, ground stakes, and a court marking kit so you have everything you need to turn the beach or the backyard into your own volleyball court. It is perfect for players of all ages to have outdoor volleyball fun!
Why this volleyball set is also great:
- This set is fully equipped for you to get out and start the fun
- The full-size net assembles to 30′ x 3′ so you can have the full volleyball experience
- This set comes with a 180′ cord and ground stakes so you can set up the full court boundaries to play with an authentic feel
- Its lightweight portable construction ensures that you can take this set to the beach, the park or anywhere else
So, there you have it, our top 7 outdoor volleyball net systems. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or professional player, there are outdoor volleyball sets available in the market that suit your skills and budget.